Life: My Philosophy

One's life is nothing more than a timeline. I say timeline, but I don't mean the timeline on Facebook. Just want to clear that up first. The timeline of your life is a little more true. It's not something that you can fake or make look a certain way to leave an impression. Throughout your life, you have these periods of time that you venture through. You are born, you start school, you graduate from different levels of school, you're involved in sports, you go through puberty, you get your first job, you graduate from high school, you choose the college that you want to attend, you graduate from college, you start your career, you decide to start a family, etc ... all the way up until the day that you die. You are who you are.


As each period of time comes and goes, you open a door to a new period of your life, and close the door on another. The way I look at life, is that when I am opening a new door to my life, I don't want to be sitting there with any regrets of something that I did or did not do. I don't want to be saying to myself, "well, I wish I would have done things differently. I wish I would have taken available opportunities when they were there." Why do people think these things when they get ready to walk through a new door to their life? It's because they don't live. They don't live every day with a purpose. They don't attack what it is that they desire most. They see something they want, whether it be something physical or a dream, and they just sit back and hope that it comes to them. It is so easy to sit down on your ass, and watch your life flash before your eyes. Living an aggressive life takes effort. You cannot live your life expecting everything to just happen for you, because it will never happen. You have to live life aggressively and go get it. Go get what you desire most; attain your wildest dreams. Make it happen! Do not let it happen, but make it happen! In the end, your life is what you make of it. It doesn't matter how old you are either. It is never too late to start living the life that you want; the life that you desire most.


When I finish up my college throwing career, I don't want to look back and realize that I could have done more. I don't want to look back and see my life flash before my eyes. In fact, I won't let it happen. I have a mindset of making what I want, mine. Under no costs, will I let the things that I want most in my life slip out of my reach. The same holds true to any period of my life that I open. I don't want to open the door to starting a family, wishing I would have done more. Regretting that I didn't achieve what I wanted to achieve. Most importantly, I don't want to be in my death bed and wishing that I would have done things differently. Wishing that I would have went sky diving, bungee jumping or spending more time with my family, for example. You only have one life... why not make the most of it.


What's it going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment