Life: If it sounds to good to be true...

I started this summer with the notion that I will have my usual job where I spent my last two summers working. Unfortunately, with the federal school cuts that took place, my job was taken away from me.

I found another job where I loaded and unloaded trucks all day at a warehouse. Sadly, it only lasted one day. The only word to truly describe this job and it's surrounding atmosphere starts with an h and ends with an ell. I'll leave that one up to you! I know all of you who read my posts have such a broad range of intelligence, so I have not the slightest worry that you guys won't figure it out.

Alright, so I am left jobless for a short period of time.

 I start looking through newspaper's, craigslist, and all of those job search engines you can find online.......................................... and all of a sudden, BAM! I run into a gold mine. Oh! I am so excited! I found a job! It is an unbelievable find. What I have to do... and what I will be getting paid... it was almost too good to be true!



Okay so this company advertises for Coca Cola, Pepsi and Red Bull. The type of people this company were looking for needed to be 18 years or older, have a drivers license, and drive a vehicle. Check, check and check! If accepted they would pay you $300 a week, plus a $600 signing bonus! What's not to love about that? Job description: Red Bull, Coca cola and Pepsi seeks people -- regular citizens, not professional drivers -- to go about their normal routine as they usually do, only with an advert of any of the companies we are advertising their product pasted on your car. This program will last for 3 months and the minimum period you can participate is 1 month. Like I said, what's not to love about that! It almost seem's too good to be true. The $300 per week and $600 signing bonus, will add up to $4200. All I can think about is that it will be enough to pay for my full year's rent and then some. I'm feeling on top of the world at this point.

So I spend a couple of days talking to this guy by the name of David Sandton. He seems like a pretty nice guy, just trying to hook me up with a temporary "job," at the same time of doing his own. He asks for a few personal tid-bits about myself such as my name and address, nothing major. He was always telling me to do everything with urgency, and as swiftly as possible, so that we could get started; which I can completely understand. I mean time is money when it comes to business. In his case, he had no time to waste.

Thankfully, I asked a lot of questions. He answered all of my questions in a sub-par educated manner. In other words, the answers almost had zero relevance to the actual question being asked, and his sentence structuring was not very professional. I'm not saying that I am a perfect angel when it comes to sentence structuring; but when I tell you his was not very good, I mean it was not very good.

Anyway...

The process involves him sending me a check, which I would then cash in. I was asked to deduct $600 for myself and then send the rest to some girl named Maria. Maria is supposedly the girl who is expected to be putting the decals on my car, and taking them off. Wonderful! Her address is in Illinois... What? I live in Pennsylvania, she lives in Illinois. I asked the question why would you send someone from Illinois to put a new decal on my car every week for the long run of three months. Once again this moronic fool did not answer my question. Instead he decided to give me some line about how his company cares about the clients and blah blah blah. I never said anything regarding what he cried to me about. I basically responded by saying that he needed to take a couple steps back and CHILL!

Today, I received the check in the mail. It was approximately $3,300! I was like woah! Now that's a lot of money. By the time I received the check it was too late to go to the bank and cash it in. I was so irritated, to say the least. Like I said, this guy was all about doing everything in a swift and urgent manner. I never thought I would say this, but I would like to send a huge thank you out to the banks for having such bogus service hours. The bogus hours of the banks saved me from getting scammed, and losing a hefty amount of money.

Here is how the whole scam thing works:

I would have went to the bank, cashed the check, and received $3,300 in cash. I would have kept $600 for myself, and sent approximately $2,700 to that Maria chick. When my bank would have asked for money from the banking account that gave the $3,300 check to me, my bank would realize that there is no such account. In other words, my bank would come attack me for the money, while Maria would have been jumping into the pool of money that I sent to her. And that is how people scam other people.

To David and Maria... if that even is your real names... I hate you!

Lesson of the Day:

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

No comments:

Post a Comment